Opening Day is finally here Cardinal fans and here is what you need to know before heading down to Busch Stadium this afternoon.
Looking for a spot to start early?
590 The Fan is broadcasting LIVE all day until 3 p.m. at Llywelyn’s Pub in Soulard before the Opening Day festivities start. We’ll be giving away some great prizes including St. Louis Cardinals VIP suite tickets, Cardinals vs. Cubs Wrigley rooftop tickets and signed memorabilia! You can also take Llywelyn’s trolley, “The Dragon Wagon” to and from the game to avoid the hassle of parking!
3:00 p.m. – Gates Open
3:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Cardinals batting practice
4:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Diamondbacks batting practice
5:30 p.m. – Pre-game ceremonies begin
6:15 p.m. – First Pitch
Parking & Transportation Updates
Fans coming to the game will notice some construction near the ballpark with the work underway to build the second phase of Ballpark Village. While some areas are closed off to vehicular traffic, pedestrian access remains open to Ballpark Village as well as Clark Street. Fans are encouraged to allow extra time and pay attention to signs as they make their way to the ballpark.
Per MoDOT, motorists should be aware of the following on-going road closures:
· I-44, St. Louis City, two lanes closed westbound from Arsenal to Shrewsbury until December.
· I-64, St. Louis City, one lane closed eastbound across the Poplar Street Bridge into Illinois until December.
· I-64, St. Louis City, one lane closed westbound across the Poplar Street Bridge through December.
As usual, Clark Street will be closed to vehicular traffic in between the stadium and Ballpark Village.
Updated Prohibited Items Policy
· Fans can visit cardinals.com/security for the complete inspection policy & prohibited items list.
· New: Fans may bring empty cups, empty mugs and empty plastic bottles.
· New: Fans may bring ice packs.
· Not Permitted: Backpacks, alcohol, thermoses, hard-sided coolers, aluminum or glass cans/bottles, commercial camera equipment
Busch Stadium Re-Entry
· New: Exit stamps will be available for guests who need to exit the stadium but plan to return. The stamps will be located at Gate 1 (southeast corner of stadium) and Gate 4 (northwest corner of stadium).
Watching on TV
Fans can watch the pregame ceremonies in High Definition on FOX Sports Midwestbeginning at 5:30 p.m. Live pregame coverage will start at 4:00 p.m. The game will also be broadcast nationally outside of the Cardinals home television territory on MLB Network.