We are 590 The Fan All Sports Radio, a Zobrist Media station, broadcasting in St. Louis, Missouri for over 25 years and we’re looking for a great sales professional to join our team. This position includes base salary plus commission.
Our salespeople teach clients how to market their businesses using broadcast radio and social media platforms. We want to talk with you if you have the necessary skills to speak with clients directly and help them solve their marketing problems. Zobrist Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for an experienced sales professional to develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients. Responsibilities include soliciting new business through prospecting, cold calling, managing, and growing existing assigned accounts. This candidate must be able to evaluate a clients’ advertising needs while developing and presenting customized solutions to meet those needs. This individual will also be held accountable for achieving sales budgets and collecting on the accounts.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Contact prospective customers to sell radio time for a broadcasting station.
- Maintain account lists and solicit new business.
- Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top-quality service.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems.
- Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging promotional events.
- Responsible for exceeding sales budget and collection of sold accounts.
- Attend sales meetings, training sessions, and client remotes
The successful candidate must possess exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. They must be self-motivated, goal-driven, and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
In addition, the right candidate must have:
- High school graduate; college preferred.
- Prior experience in sales/marketing; previous television/radio sales experience preferred but not required.
- Must also have basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and insurance.
PLEASE SEND RESUME OR INQUIRIES TO SALES@590THEFAN.COM
590 The Fan is an equal opportunity employer
590 The Fan – KFNS is looking for interns eager to work with St. Louis’ premier sports talk lineup! Interns will work with on air talent and producers in gathering and editing audio, editing and posting shows for podcast, screening phone calls and text messages, and assisting in research and show preparation. Interns will not receive monetary compensation, but can receive college credit for their work. Please send your resume to email@example.com.